Friday, February 19, 2010

The Mobile World Congress more serious than ever

This has been my seventh Mobile World Congress, since the early days when it was called 3GSM and when it was still held in Canne. This year was much more serious from my perspective. It is as if the industry at last turned into an adult. The discourse was very much driven by reality and business. This is a picture of the GSM prize-giving ceremony held at the Palace at the FIRA. The GSM rolled out some serious celebrities like Steve Fry, Duran Duran and Jon Landau (producer of Avatar). It is great to be part of such a powerful industry.

Posted from my iPhone

1 comment:

Kathie Aldum said...

I believe South Africa is streets ahead in the mobile industry than some of the major countries, like America, do you think that Hannes? How can I reach the mobile community in respect to property?Any ideas would be appreciated. I have websites and seo sorted, but i understand from a convention I went to in SA last week, that mobile is the future....