Sunday, February 14, 2010

Completed my first Midmar open water mile

I completed my first open water swimming competition by swimming the Midmar mile in KwaZulu Natal. It was a great experience for me as I was very unsure if I could do it. In the end it was quite easy (although one would not say it considering my time of 48m). I enjoyed the fact that my daughter in law could also complete the swim as well as my youngest son. It was also very satisfying to share the occasion with my wife and my grandson (in my arms in this picture).

1 comment:

Cath said...

What a great feeling to have completed it! Thanks for the encouragement in getting me to swim too :o) I can see Arden being one of those little ones swimming, in the next few years- you'll be in the same category? Can swim together... hehe