Saturday, December 26, 2009

End of my parents' visit

I travelled with my parents back to Johannesburg. They are too frail to do this on their own. After handing them over to my brother, I flew back again. It was a trying visit (difficult to manage with two old people that are not really able to look after themselves, yet too proud to admit it). But in many ways it was very special: they had the privilege to experience Arden (my first grandchild), to celebrate Xmas with us, see both my sons and Cath. I managed to make arrangements to control my dad's finances and just shared memories with them. I am not sure when (if ever) we will see them in the Cape again. In the meantime the memories will suffice.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!