Sunday, March 09, 2008

My first Argus


This is a picture of me and Ernst (my oldest son) just before we entered the chute for our first Argus. It was a grueling 109km but we both managed to complete it in acceptable times. Ernst really had a tough race as he suffered bad cramps, but still managed to complete the race. It was an amazing experience for me. The stress on body and mind and what this does to you, but also to see others that are going through the same agony and how they are coping. For big parts of the race you can choose to just be busy with your own thoughts or to talk to God. I had a few great conversations with my Creator during the four and a half hours that I was on the road.

1 comment:

izak w janse van rensburg said...

die hele ervaring bly maar altyd vir my 'n enigmatiese ene - daarom sal ek D.V. jaarliks wil terugkeer soos 'n albatros om dit te probeer uitfigureer - baie geluk aan die Swaer en die Kleinneef - that is the way to go !