Saturday, November 15, 2008

Dubai Desert


The afternoon before we left Dubai, me and Annelie booked a trip with 4X4 vehicles through the nearby desert. We had a most enjoyable few hours chasing through the dunes and then sat down in a desert camp for a good dinner. We saw the full moon rise over the desert and experienced some of the tranquility that existed in this place before civilization came. (The glow of the electric lights on the horizon was a reminder that the city was just 50 km away). As I sat back and connected to God (Creator of the earth and the universe), I realised that Dubai is not real - it is an attempt by people to build monuments to themselves, and is only temporary. I was at peace because I knew that my purpose is as simple as to praise the living God. I do not have to build any monument to anyone.

No comments: