Thursday, December 21, 2006

Bloemfontein


Right now I am sitting on the stoep at my parents-in-law's place in Bloemfontein. We are three generations sitting next to each other. My father-in-law (close to his eighties and suffering from emphasema), my son (in his twenties) reading the bible and me (close to fifty) writing this blog entry on my laptop, connected via Vodacom's 3G card. Life's time perspective is so clear to me right now. I can see the difference in where each one of us is at the moment. What is important and what we are busy with, yet we are connected in a special way. We understand each other (with limited insight), but with the perspective of time. We are all different (because of where we are on our journey in time), but all the same because of our connection through family.

No comments: